I hate to burst your bubble, but just because you build a blog, doesn’t mean they will come. Trust me, I know from whence I speak.
In fact, the original quote comes from the Kevin Costner flick, Field of Dreams. Costner is wandering through a cornfield when he hears a voice whisper, “If you build it, he will come.” Costner builds a ball field where he plays catch with the ghost of his deceased Dad. A little corny, (pun intended), but a tearjerker nonetheless.
Back to blogging…….
So you’re the new kid on the blog. You have a styling home page, have crafted some killer copy, and you’re ready for more traffic than the 5 Freeway. Trouble is, no one knows you’re alive in cyberspace.
No worries. You can change your fate, and become the talk of the town in no time. Word of advice, patience is a virtue when it comes to blogging. It may take a little time to build your audience and find your voice. But keep the faith and you’ll reap the rewards.
Ok, here’s the list. Send your additional suggestions to email@example.com.
• Offer RSS and email subscription options
• Add your blog URL to your email signature
• Register with Technorati and Google Blog Search
• Comment on other blogs
• Join a few blog directories- blog catalog, bloggeries, some are free others will cost you. http://www.best-web-directories.com/blog-directories.htm
• Write about Google
• Guest post on other blogs
• Use links and trackbacks
• Syndicate your content on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
• Add Delicious, StumbleUpon, Digg, and Twitter widgets to your blog